We are always looking for bright people with skills in microelectronics, wireless networking, mechanical engineering, field service, marketing, product design, database and web design.
Production and Installation Technician
eLock Technologies is seeking a Production and Installation Technician with experience and competency in product assembly to join our team for the production, installation, and service of high quality bicycle lockers and electronic control systems. The job requires careful attention to details and strict adherence to procedures related to communication, assembly, testing, and quality control. Candidate must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and have the capability of working successfully with other people and with both large and small delicate components. This position will report to our production supervisor and operations manager.
- Assemble high-precision mechanical and electronic components working from engineering drawings, bills of materials, written work instructions, and instructions from supervisors.
- Perform inspection, testing, and packaging of mechanical and electronic devices.
- Perform accurate measurements and inventory counts.
- Encourage adherence to established systems and procedures.
- Keep tools, supplies, and production components organized.
- Perform a variety of operational tasks to support production and manufacturing.
- Track time required to perform individual production tasks.
The successful applicant will need to get up to speed quickly. Therefore, we will only consider applicants who meet all the requirements below:
- Availability and willingness to work long hours during a production push.
- Ability to travel to perform installation work in remote locations for several days at a time.
- Excellent eyesight.
- Excellent driving record.
- Will arrive on time and ready for work each day.
- Will give attention to very specific details and adhere to procedures.
- Able to safely lift 50 or more pounds on a regular basis.
- Clear and precise verbal and written communication.
- Team construction or fabrication experience.
- Basic vehicle maintenance knowledge (regularly check oil, water, tires).
- Experience with use of hand, power and air tools (drills, grinders, saws).
- Ability to accurately measure and count, and to perform associated calculations using tape measure, calipers, digital scale, calculator, and spreadsheet.
- Ability to use email, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Consistently follow safety guidelines and wear appropriate safety gear.
- Ability to maintain a list of assigned tasks and work with supervisors to prioritize time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Comfort learning new skills with mechanical and electronic components.
- Self-motivation and the ability to start with minimal direction, and check in as needed to ensure quality.
- Ability to work with others in a friendly and professional manner in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to safely drive large vehicles. Experience driving a pickup truck with extended trailer.
- Familiar with use of a multimeter.
- Experience with soldering electronic components.
- Knowledgeable about handling and protection of stainless steel.
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and ability.
Business Development Associate
eLock Technologies is seeking a Business Development Associate with 3-7 years of relevant experience, (technology or social enterprise), to implement our business development strategy on a day to day basis, and to work directly with our CEO to periodically refine our business development strategies. The job involves management of our marketing, sales, and contracts. As an integral part of a small, but rapidly growing company, this role will involve a wide range of responsibilities for both high level critical thinking as well as detail-oriented implementation, tracking, and prioritizing of tasks. All our staff are expected to be flexible team players and assist each other, taking on administrative, research, or production tasks as needed to meet goals.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all customers and potential customers from the first contact through customer acceptance.
- Collaborate on long term planning, high level business strategy; assist in strategic decisions about product development, pricing, and identification of potential new markets.
- Create and provide potential customers with marketing materials about products and services.
- Prepare quotes and proposals in response to requests from various public agencies and general contractors. Review bid documents including drawings, specifications and contracts.
- Follow up on marketing materials sent and manage relationships with potential customers.
- Manage a wide range of nitty-gritty tasks to “close the deal”.
- Follow through with in-house staff and with customers to coordinate purchasing, production, delivery.
- Big picture and systems thinking: collaborate effectively to refine and improve systems.
The ideal candidate has:
- An ability to prioritize time and resources effectively and efficiently; to do triage and work quickly when necessary, or to work very deliberately and cautiously as appropriate to the situation.
- An ability to shift interaction modes as needed: to a) manage and delegate, b) take direction and implement, or c) partner and collaborate.
- Clear and precise verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of high quality customer service and a desire to support potential customers through the process of procuring bicycle parking and sharing products and services.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing systems to enable company growth.
- An interest in personally growing with the company and a willingness to make a long term commitment.
- An ability to learn and understand technical details as they relate to product development strategy as well as the requirements of specific proposals.
- Experience with both small companies and government sector customers.
- Experience with complex contracts, proposals, and other legal documents.
- Excellent references.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign should all be old friends.
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and ability.
To Apply for Either Position
To apply for either position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with .pdf attachment including your resume and a cover letter addressing the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working at eLock?
- What other qualities do you bring that we may have missed and why would they be valuable for the position or the company?
eLock Technologies is a small, Berkeley-based technology company with a focus on bicycle parking and bike sharing. Our company culture is focused on producing an exceptionally high quality products and services to make bicycling an excellent travel alternative.
eLock pioneered the electronic on-demand bicycle parking concept over a decade ago with the goal of bridging the “last mile” between transit stations and commuters' homes. Hundreds of thousands of “last miles” later, eLock and our service BikeLink™ have over 1100 bike parking spaces installed and over 6000 BikeLink™ users. BikeLink™ is the adopted standard for secure bike parking throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, San Diego, and Portland.
As a small company with a rapidly growing demand for our product, eLock provides an active, fast-paced and challenging work environment. Our Berkeley loft office and production facility (located walking distance away from our office) house all aspects of the business from administration and customer service to R&D and Production.
Equal Opportunity Employer
eLock Technologies LLC is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.